Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Moving In and Out of Season


October is one of my favorite times of the year.  Not only are the temperatures more comfortable, but the evolution of the seasons from autumn to winter has special characteristics that I always look forward to.  The changing of the leaves always makes me feel re-charged in one sense, and relaxed and content in another.  Along with the better weather, there are so many activities and events going on during the fall, and we are never at a loss for things to do. 

This past weekend, I traveled with my family and a couple friends to stay the weekend in the Smoky Mountains.  Being a native of East Tennessee, those Great Smoky Mountains were pretty much in my backyard as a child.  I moved to upstate (Ithaca) New York when I was 12 years old, where I also experienced tremendously beautiful scenery.  Quite remarkably, the area I lived was very similar to East Tennessee with its gorges, waterfalls,, lakes and mountains.  Fall in upstate New York is breathtaking, and a wonderful place to live!  I remember the magnificent Ithaca sunsets on Cayuga Lake that are the subject of songs and photos, and backdrop to many special events. 

This past weekend in Tennessee, the leaves were peaking, and the color was breathtaking! We took the scenic route back to Georgia this time so we a better view than just interstate.  I am so glad we chose to take the long way home because there was so much to see!  Along with the usual wildlife, we saw a herd of elk in a field---not something I have ever seen before.  We drove past some places from my childhood and early college years that were especially meaningful to me and my family, for one reason or another. A lot of history and heritage for my family in those mountains, and I am blessed to have such warm memories.  I came home in an especially peaceful state of mind.  

Back in the 80's, when it came time to go to college, I headed back to the hills of Tennessee to attend the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.  After graduating, I lived there for nearly 23 years prior to moving to Georgia 7 years ago.   I love having friends and family in many parts of the country!

Moving can be stressful, or it can be an exciting adventure.  I have always tried to keep a positive perspective on relocation, and the opportunity to make new friends and experience new things.  Whenever I have moved to a new area, I have worked quickly to learn as much as I can about my new home.  Having an incurable curiosity, this works to the advantage of my clients, as I can be a  community resource of information.  I love to introduce and welcome our new neighbors to this area.  I am sympathetic to the challenges of getting established in an unfamiliar place, and work hard to help my clients overcome any hurdles that may come up.

Starting out completely unfamiliar with my new middle Georgia home, I had a lot to learn!  After lots of research and loaded with lots of great information, I decided to create a Facebook page to share.   If you want to find out what's going on in and around Houston County, Georgia on a daily basis, be sure to check it out:  https://www.facebook.com/365ThingsToDoInWarnerRobinsGa.  For more home tips, ideas and real estate, check out my other page at https://www.facebook.com/JaniePughofGoldenKeyRealty.  And of course if you, or someone you  know, have any real estate needs, please give me a call! 

No comments:

Post a Comment