Monday, December 15, 2014

Random Act of Kindness Suggestion #1: Donate to Toys for Tots

The Toys for Tots Program collects new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distributes them as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community. 

In 2012, State Troopers stood outside a Kohls store to collect toys for the local kids.  As I dropped some toys in the bins, I didn't realize how emotional it would be, after the what happened the day before. I could hardly say “Thank You” to the troopers before I burst into tears walking to my car. Acts of Kindness are a gift you give to yourself as much as those you are acting toward. Although I couldn’t stop crying for what seemed like forever, it made me feel so good to do something in honor of the Sandy Hook victims.  It was then that I decided to make it 26 Acts, one for each life that was lost at the school that day, now an annual tradition for me and my family.  

In Charleston, go to http://charleston-sc.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/default.aspx for more information and collection site information.  Or you can go to their main page, http://toysfortots.org/default.aspx.

This Random Act of Kindness is dedicated to sweet Charlotte Helen Bacon born February 22, 2006. To learn more about Charlotte and the other angels of Sandy Hook Elementary please go to http://mysandyhookfamily.org/

#randomactofkindness #sandyhookelementaryschool #toysfortots #janiepughsellshomes#lifeinthelowcountry
#carolinaonerealestate 

No comments:

Post a Comment