Saturday, December 20, 2014

Random Act of Kindness Suggestion #6: Return the Buggy!

One day, it was pouring down rain when my son and I went to the grocery store.  Before we got out of the car, I suggested that we should retrieve a few extra carts from the parking lot and return them as we walked to the store.  Of course my son's first response was, "Don't they have workers that do that?" I replied, "Well, yes they do. But I am sure they don't like to have to go outside in the freezing rain to retrieve the carts.  Just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean you wouldn't like a little help now and then with the least favorite part of your job."
So another teachable moment----we both grabbed several carts and pushed them to the front of the store.
Now when we go to a parking lot , he is in search of runaway and abandoned carts in the parking lot to retrieve.  We got my husband on board with it, too, so now it seems neither of us can walk past a grocery cart with taking it with us to the front of the store.....Rain, shine, sleet or snow!
This Random Act of Kindness is dedicated to sweet Anne Marie Murphy.  To kearn more about the other angels of Sandy Hook Elementary, go to http://mysandyhookfamily.com
Lovin' Life in the Lowcountry,
 
Janie

My mission statement:  To live each day to the fullest, with excitement, enthusiasm and a strong desire to build a successful and highly respected real estate business, earned by developing relationships through consistent and predictably high work ethic of always going above and beyond, and always doing so with a creative surprise up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment