Friday, January 17, 2014

"It's What I Like About You!"

Factor Number 2:   Have you ever had someone ask you, “Why should I work with you and not someone else?”

I can't tell you how important it is to have a genuine, solid answer to this question, and to actually instill these unique characteristics into your business. Whether you are in health care, law, sales, management, finance, real estate, fitness, retail....whatever your industry, there are probably hundreds of thousands who do what you do, and consumers have choices.   So why would they choose you?


Give this some serious thought and be prepared to elaborate what makes you different.  If you really, truly stand out, your market presence and reputation should be enough, and they shouldn't even have to ask! But if you meet someone that is unfamiliar with you and/or your services, give them the highlights!  You don't have to share EVERYTHING you do...let them experience the special, less obvious perks of working with you, once they have committed to you.  What special services do you offer? What are the benefits to working with you vs. someone else?
Here is an example that comes to mind:  Years ago, before we moved to Warner Robins, I had bronchitis, and needed to get a prescription filled. A couple days later, I got a phone call from someone who was just calling to see if I was feeling better. Guess who it was? The pharmacist that filled my prescription! Nowadays, with all the healthcare privacy guidelines, they may not be allowed to make those follow up calls.  But my point is, I knew the reputation and basic expectations for the pharmacy and I am sure they had filled dozens of prescriptions that day. But because the pharmacist took the time to follow up with a phone call to check on me made me feel like I was the only customer they had that day, and they secured my business from then on!
Repeat and referred business is so important in any industry. Ask your clients to share their experience working with you by giving you a testimonial and/or sending you referrals!  You can use testimonials and written recommendations in a variety of ways.  Treat each and every client you work with like they are the only client you have.  No one wants to hear apologies and excuses for being late, not returning calls or coming through for them. If you are too busy to take care of them, they will find someone who has the time.  So as I mentioned in my post Wednesday, spend quality time with them and really listen to what they want and need, and follow up appropriately.


Follow me on…

 
 #warnerrobinsga  #365thingstodoinwarnerrobinsga #janiepughsellshomes #goldenkeyrealty

No comments:

Post a Comment