Friday, February 21, 2014

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble!

Factor Number 11: Pull what you love to do into your business.

Think back to when you were in school.  What were your favorite classes?  Which classes did you make the best grades? Were these "easy" classes or subjects that you would consider as challenging to you?   There is a pretty high likelihood that, even if it was a really hard class, you probably succeeded the most in the classes that had the best teachers. And by "the best teachers", I mean, the teachers that you loved and with whom you really had a connection.  And why did you love them?  Because these teachers made the classes fun. They were passionate about their work, and their presentation of the material reflected this love of their calling. (AKA: job.)  The teacher loved what they were teaching, and their passion and excitement was contagious, making students want "some of that"!

I had several teachers like that.  The subject may have been a challenge, but the way it was presented made learning fun. I had several English teachers in high school that were amazing.  They actually made reading about Shakespeare’s cauldron of toils and troubles and Hester Prynne's secret scandal, pretty darn cool.  How many of you had an English teacher that wore a red letter "A" on her sweater the day Hawthorne was introduced to the class?!?!?  Let me just say that was more than 30 years ago, and I still remember it like it was last week.   My teacher was just doing her "job", but she did it in a fun way that was memorable.

So how can you make what you do fun and memorable?  One way is to incorporate what you love, or a favorite hobby, into your business.  When you love what you are doing, it shows and will make you better in your profession.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I love to cook, entertain and decorate and being a Realtor allows me so much opportunity to incorporate all these things into my career!  Residential real estate is the perfect career to share all those things I love!  I can host Agent Opens and Open Houses, and prepare and provide the food and decor myself!  I can help sellers stage their homes.  I can get creative with marketing by pulling in some practical, seasonal and/or fun ideas to feature the benefits of their homes.  And the sky is the limit when it comes to closing and house warming gifts when you use your talents and creativity!

So take some time to figure out how to use the talents and gifts you were blessed with, and put them to work.  Then watch what this does for your business!

Passion generates energy and energy generates activity!


 

Follow me on:

My website: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/365ThingsToDoIn...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JaniePughofGold...
My Blog: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.blogspot....
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/janiepugh


#warnerrobinsga  #365thingstodoinwarnerrobinsga #janiepughsellshomes #goldenkeyrealty

No comments:

Post a Comment