Monday, February 3, 2014

"Put Your Dollars Where It Makes More Cents"


Factor Number 6:   Where is your business coming from?

Return on investment (ROI) is a big deal when you are looking at budgets and how you allocate your marketing dollars.  Keep track throughout the year to determine where your business comes from , then do more of what is bringing you business, and quit doing what isn't!  Determine your budget for marketing, plug the funds into income-producing mediums and activities, and stick to your budget.  I receive hundreds of telemarketing calls each year, soliciting this marketing service and that marketing service that is "not like all those others". If it sounds to good to be true, it is.  Being self-employed is not for the lazy:  You have to do the work, and you have to do a lot of it!  Marketing takes a lot of time and effort, and if someone tells you they are going to get you exposed to millions of potential clients and send you more leads than you can handle, good luck with that.  After falling for a couple of these sales pitches, and having no viable leads,  I will tell you:  Do your homework.  Research these companies.  Go online as a consumer and see how easy they are to find. Then go back to your marketing plan, and plug in some better ideas that will generate more legitimate business!

Most of my business is repeat and referred business.  There is a huge compliment you can read into that:  My clients are happy with me and want to share their experience with others.  Now in my industry, most people don't buy houses often.  BUT,  they may know someone that is in the market for real estate.  By keeping in close contact with my clients, I stay top of mind!    The closing of the transaction doesn't end our relationship when we leave the table.  It is just the next PHASE of our relationship:  Their "Realtor for Life"!  There are so many ways you can stay in touch with your clients!  This is one of the things I enjoy the most about my career---Surprising my past clients with the unexpected!  Years and years ago, I bought a car from a successful, well-known car dealership.  After a week or so, I received a package in the mail that looked like a gift.  The dealership had sent a tin of designer cookies as a "Thank You" for our business.  A small gesture, but obviously, it left a lasting impression----This transaction was almost 20 years ago!

So get in touch with your creative side and have some fun!

Follow me on…

 

#warnerrobinsga  #365thingstodoinwarnerrobinsga #janiepughsellshomes #goldenkeyrealty

No comments:

Post a Comment