Monday, February 24, 2014

Help Wanted!

Factor Number 12:  Delegate!

One thing I heard over and over again when I first got into real estate was to hire an assistant.  I was told that my business would take off when I did so.  What I found out was that these seasoned agents knew what they were talking about!

Whether it be hiring team members to help with your business, or hiring help at home, such as a housekeeper....Hire people you can count on to do the things that don't require a license (or your expertise), to free up your time for those productive, income-producing activities that only you can do.

My initial fear was that I would have someone depending on me to pay their salary.  And as the real estate market had been in such a state of despair, how could I afford to pay for another employee when I sometimes worried about my own income and expenses?!?!

My solution was to start with a part-time assistant.  She was only looking for a few hours a week, wanted to work flexible hours and for the most part, work from home.  This was exactly what I needed, as this was an affordable way to ease into having another expense!  Our intention was to increase her hours as we grew.  What I found was that what I had heard so many times was true:  My business really took off when I hired help!  I had already hired a housekeeper to take care of tasks that I often didn't have time to get around to at home, but hiring an assistant for my work-related tasks took my business to the next level.  Among the many perks I found in hiring my assistant, not only did I have someone helping me get things done, but I had someone to bounce ideas with and keep me accountable.  I consider myself a hard worker, but my assistant keeps me focused on getting everything on our "Ta Da" list done....every day, on time.  No excuses.  We have regular meetings to discuss our goals for the year, month, week and day, and we know what needs to be accomplished and keep each other accountable to the tasks.

So take the plunge:  Hire help!  You can't be all things....to everybody...all the time.  If you try to do it all, you will get burned out, and not be nearly as effective at anything you do.

Note:  If you are just joining in on this series of blogs, I invite you to go to: www.janiepughsellshomes.blogspot.com to see the entire series.



Follow me on:

My website: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/365ThingsToDoIn...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JaniePughofGold...
My Blog: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.blogspot....
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/janiepugh


#warnerrobinsga  #365thingstodoinwarnerrobinsga #janiepughsellshomes #goldenkeyrealty

No comments:

Post a Comment