Friday, February 28, 2014

Rome Wasn't Built in a Day!

Factor Number 14: Stay consistent, focused and don't give up.

When I started this blog series, it was the result of several hours of preparation for the first sales meeting of the year.  My broker asked all the agents to review individual productivity, determine sources of business and create our own business plan for the year.  This was an excellent exercise to review what worked and what didn't in order to determine upcoming activities.

I started out by looking at where each client came from, then dissected this list a little further by reviewing it alongside my 2013 business plan.  Were there specific activities I did that triggered a transaction?  For example, did I meet the client at an Open House?  How many Open Houses did I do last year?  How did I advertise the event?  Was my listing sold to an agent that attended one of my Agent Open Houses?  Was the initial contact made from someone that had seen one of my posts on social media?  And just as important as what worked:  What activities produced NO results or return on investment after an appropriate amount of time?

When I sorted through my 2013 list of closings, I realized the positive results were due not to just one thing, but an assortment of activities that I had completed, consistently, over time. I must admit, there were times I thought, "Is this Open House really worth my time?  After all, lots of people say Open Houses don't sell houses."  But when you get a phone call from someone that attended one of your events (in my case, an Open House), and they are ready to buy, then you have your answer!  One of the first Open Houses I ever did as a new Realtor produced 9 transactions over the next 8 years.  So yes, I am of the firm belief that Open Houses DO work!  This is why I put them as a priority on my business plan.

It is important to realize that it may take a while to see the results of a new activity, but keep doing what you think will work, and then evaluate the effectiveness next year!  It is also important to create a plan, ON PAPER, that you can use as a guide for the year.  I realize not everyone is as Type A as I am-----I have lists to make lists....But I can't stress how important it is to write your goals down to help you stay focused.  Start with the end in mind, and work your way back.  I have my yearly goals, then I have broken them down into monthly, weekly and daily "Ta Da" lists.  (And these lists are the outlines for regular, and/or spontaneous, meetings with my assistant.)  And for the agent in my office that asked me how I manage to get so much done every week?  That's my answer:  "Ta Da" lists that are focused, attainable and that produce results.

Growing a successful business is hard work, no matter what industry! Rome wasn't built in a day, and I am sure it wasn't easy.  But I would say it started a vision, a plan and a team of hard workers that eventually made it happen with focus, drive and determination.

So what's on your "Ta Da" list for today?

Follow me on:

My website: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/365ThingsToDoIn...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JaniePughofGold...
My Blog: http://www.janiepughsellshomes.blogspot....
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/janiepugh


#warnerrobinsga  #365thingstodoinwarnerrobinsga #janiepughsellshomes #goldenkeyrealty

No comments:

Post a Comment